For our partner, a global power company, we are looking for an experienced professional to join their team for the role of
ENERGY TRADE ANALYST
The ROLE will part of the Commercial Team and will be responsible for various power exchange bidding and commercial functions associated with company’s generation assets. This includes submission of information to IBEX platforms, daily monitoring of generation forecasts, miscellaneous reporting and evaluating and executing short-term hedging opportunities.
- Effectively communicating with team members and other business units to ensure professional and collaborative relationships;
- Promoting constructive team working and encourage a flexible approach to work in accordance with business needs;
- Contributing to the development of a dynamic, proactive and customer-focused culture and assisting in the broader management businesses;
- Preparing day-ahead and intraday generation forecast and generation, schedule optimizing forecast variable margin;
- Submitting offers on the trading platforms of the Independent Bulgarian Power Exchange and Electricity System Operator System;
- Assisting in reconciliation and invoicing of managed assets and trading including settlement with the purchasers and Coordinator of balancing group;
- Monitoring of national and regional Electricity market trends;
- Proficiently collecting, querying, organizing and manipulating large amounts of data in Excel and accurately presenting analytical results;
- Validating key market assumptions with market data and tracking project performance while researching and quantifying deviations between forecast and actual;
- Assisting with validation of forward pricing, basis, and volatility curves;
- Supporting market-based asset valuation studies, regional Power market assessments, price, and volatility analyses;
- Participating in the off-hour and weekend on-call rotation.
- 3- 5 years relevant working experience in Energy trading, scheduling or supporting front office/desk analyst;
- Excellent energy markets knowledge;
- Good trading rules knowledge;
- Business acumen and a strong personality, ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment and across departments;
- Well-organized, accurate, strong critical and analytical skills, precision with figures, punctuality;
- Highly numerate and computer literate, very competent in the use of MS Office packages (particularly Excel);
- University degree diploma;
- Excellent level of English written and spoken.
Our client offers:
- Opportunity for realization in a stable company and a global brand;
- Excellent working conditions and a cohesive team;
- Challenging projects, dynamics and opportunities for development;
- Attractive remuneration package with performance‐based bonus and fringe benefits;
- Additional annual bonuses for distinctive results.
All applications will be treated strictly confidential.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
HRS Bulgaria has License № 2361 valid from 15.09.2017