At HRS, we believe the right job can transform a person's life and the right person can transform a business. We're passionate about connecting our candidates with the right job for them. You are not an exception!
The extensive experience in the human resources industry under our belt has given us valuable insights and extensive knowledge of the corporate cultures and thus enabled us to locate the best candidates for our clients
The company will leverage the audit firms to install its data access platform and will establish a key market to accelerate the development and adoption of new digital services.
Our client will put the foundations in place to transform professional services based on:
The work builds on a proven concept to develop the platform distribution mechanism, one which industry players are ready to support with their IP and data in recognition of both its importance and disruptive potential.
- Liberating the value of data across the UK business landscape to drive innovation, growth and productivity
- Enabling UK business to retain and regain control over their data
- Opening up competition in the audit marketplace and accelerating the use of AI to improve quality
- Facilitating the UK to become the global legal tech services hub, broadening the international use of the law of England & Wales
We are recruiting a Full Stack Developer with primary experience in building Reactive UI applications (using frameworks such as React.js) with a focus on building highly interactive data visualisation components. The tools we are building directly support professionals, such as auditors and accountants, in doing the complex and error-prone aspects of their jobs. We use machine learning algorithms to perform complex data analysis tasks and present the results in an intuitive and accessible way to the user. This role will actively participate in the design and implementation of these interactive tools alongside a very enthusiastic and goal-driven team of designers, machine learning experts, scholars, subject matter experts, developers, and data engineers. We work in an Agile Scrum project management framework, and the successful candidate would report directly to the lead developer.
Ultimately, the role and key responsibility of the candidate is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
At a personal level, the person should be eager to learn, open minded to new ideas and concepts, open to challenge convention but also analytical in their outlook and approach to work.
This will be a challenging role and the ability to critically think about things and solve problems is crucial. Some awareness of the Professional Services industry would be advantageous.
Skills and Experience:
Essential experience required includes:
Desirable experience required:
- Expert coding of reactive UI applications using frameworks such as React.js (or Rx.js, Angular.js) with integration to real-time, event-driven back-end systems.
- Data visualisation experience, not only plotting charts to visualise financial data, but also building advanced, highly interactive tools with custom SVG/WebGL driven visualisations (leveraging D3.js, Three.js or similar)
- Experience integrating with GraphQL and REST API services to fetch data and handle user authentication.
- Write well-designed, testable code as well as unit, integration, and end-to-end tests (in Jest, Cypress, React-testing-library etc.)
- Experience using event-driven architectures (using Observables, Pub/Sub model) and integrating with real-time event hubs in a secure way.
- Manage and troubleshoot cloud-based services, incl. cloud platforms, such as Azure, using serverless/Lambda functions.
- Managing component libraries in collaboration with a UX Designer (Storybook or similar) that are shared between apps.
- Experience working in an Agile team using Scrum methodologies to manage the software development effort.
- Develop design documentation, flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Version control system experience using Git.
- Energetic communicator who is willing to share their experience with the team and mentor more junior team members, working well both in a team and independently when required.
- Experience working with knowledge graphs and graph databases (like Neo4J) is a plus.
- Experience working in a monorepo and modular code management (incl. managing package repositories) would be a plus.
- Exposure to working with large-scale data environments (Big Data using NoSQL, Hadoop, SQL)
- Exposure to data analysis tools like Power BI/Tableau/Qlik.
- Experience using Azure as a Cloud infrastructure provider.
- Cloud / other related Certifications.
- Recognising that this is start-up role in a relatively new field, we need someone who can demonstrate they have the capability and fresh thinking to take on such a role and be able to pick up the skills and training required.
- Experience of working in the Audit or Legal sectors would be useful but not essential.
- Interest in machine learning and graph algorithms, and how these could be used to build tools to support professionals to do complex data analysis tasks. A basic understanding of bias in algorithms and how the design decisions the technical team takes affects the interpretation of ML results and the reasoning that is based on it.
- A bachelor or master’s degree in software engineering, computing science or related field
- Proven track record of having worked on high traffic, data intensive, production web applications.